Hey, guys – welcome back to TNTH!
A while back, I ran a poll on my Instagram page suggesting some new and fresh ideas to bring to the blog; one of them being tag-related posts. Now, I typically don’t like doing tag related posts on here because I feel like every question on these posts is the same, but I managed to find an interesting one on Pinterest!
Without further ado, here’s The Tattletale Tag!
1. What color do you talk in? I would like to believe that I talk in yellow. I always thought that whenever I speak, I come across as warm and bright, like the sun! I always try to stay optimistic and hopeful, and I believe yellow represents those type of things in a person’s voice. So, yeah: yellow.
2. What songs do you think people remember you by? When I read this question, I automatically thought about two songs: “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson, and “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele. When I was younger, I pretty much sang “Breakaway” for every audition I had, whether it was for a talent agency, a talent show, or a high-school admission audition. My friends and family would constantly want me to sing that song for them at parties (which one time I was singing with a friend of mine and an old friend of mother’s heard from the other room and thought it was the actual radio). As I got older, Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” became that song I sang at family parties for karaoke, which pretty much left everyone silent and waiting to listen. I mean, I feel like there are many songs people may remember me by, but I think of those two songs instantly.
3. If you could take claim for any invention, which would it be? Honestly… the portable charger. I feel like in this day and age where there isn’t a payphone in sight and people are way too scared to hand those in need a phone to call for help, portable chargers are a life saver.
4. If people floated instead of walking, how far off the ground would you be? … “they float, Georgie, and when you’re down here with me, you’ll float, too!” Uhm, I don’t think I’ll be up too high. I’m not a person that likes high places.
5. Would you rather have clouds for feet or suns for hands? Definitely clouds as feet. What? Imagine having suns as hands; meeting new people and shaking their hands would be extremely awkward.
6. Is your phone charged enough? I keep my phone pretty charged; in my head, the 20% battery remaining warning on iPhones register as “LIZ PLUG IN YOUR PHONE IT’S GOING TO DIE!” So yeah, she’s charged!
7. If you could choose one person to protect with your life, who would it be? This is a very hard question, and I think my answer is as basic as everyone else’s too, I imagine. Of course my mother. My mother has protected me from the bad in this world up to this point, it was only right if I did the same. Duh.
8. What book do you need to read? The easy answer would be the textbook for the class I’m “TAing” this Fall, but I feel like I’m long overdue of reading a self-love type of book, or a book that discusses coping and living with an anxiety disorder.
9. If you could only repeat words by one person, who would you want to be echoing? If I’m being honest, I read this question and immediately thought myself. I wouldn’t want to repeat the words of another person only because those are their words, their truths, and their mouths. If we’re being real, I’m learning to back up the words that come out of my mouth so it would be good practice to “echo” my own. Very basic answer, I know.
10. If you could breathe music, which artist would you choose to inhale and which would you choose to exhale? I really like this question. I feel like I would inhale Kelly Clarkson and exhale Rihanna. I say that because I would want to inhale self-love messages and positive, bubbly vibes, and exhale confidence, independence, and sexiness. I guess what I’ trying to get at is that internally, I always want to send a positive message to those around me and completely be myself, but showing the world that I am this confident and sexy bitch who really doesn’t give two shits about those who judge her or look at her sideways.
11. What are the promises you’ve made to yourself? Know that at the end of the day I’ll be okay, despite what is going on around me. Honestly, that’s it; knowing that I will be okay.
12. Who saved your life? A couple of people saved my life. My family saved my life, my partner saved my life, Kelly Clarkson’s album My December saved my life, The Killing and its online Twitter community saved my life, and as of recent, therapy saved my life.
13. What wouldn’t you do to help a friend? Uhm, why are these questions such heavy hitters now?! The only thing I could think of is if they asked for money to feed into their addictions. Having been around people in my life who were a source for other people’s “fixes”, I wouldn’t do the same for a friend and watch them fall down a rabbit hole. If they crossed a serious line, all I would provide for them was some help and advice to go to rehab and get themselves clean. Again, this is such a hypothetical answer, but this is the first thing that came to mind.
14. If you had to choose one music artist, actor, or author to become your mentor, who would it be? … Seriously? Of course, it’s going to be Kelly Clarkson. Or Mireille Enos; the actress who played “Sarah Linden” on The Killing.
15. Would you rather be the night sky or the day sky? I would want to be the night sky, but a night sky that has no city lights so that the stars are out and visible in the sky. There’s such a mystery behind the night sky; it’s quiet, calm, and it’s honestly so beautiful. My favorite type of night sky is when it’s snowing and the sky just looks super pink… ugh, I only want to see snow for that visual.
And that’s it for now! Of course, I didn’t answer every question on the survey, but I answered the ones that stood out to me the most! Let me know if you like these type of laid-back posts.