BTW, I’m the one with the basic ass Snapchat dog filter on the *far* right.
I figured I’d do one of these posts just to have it up here for those who may not know me, or people who used to know me well and don’t know the person that I am now. So, here are some
interesting and exciting things about me!
Here is the “10 things you may or may not know about me but you probably do if you know me because hello you know me” list! #TrueBuzzfeedStyle.
- I am a Capricorn, and although I don’t necessarily believe in zodiac signs and astrology, I do believe that the Capricorn traits do fit me to the exact.
- Besides writing, some things that I like to do in my spare time is watch YouTube videos (like a dweeb) and make silly Snapchat stories. It’s pretty pathetic, yeah, but sometimes you have to stop what you’re doing and have a good time with things that make you happy. #CheesyPost.
- I’ve been in love three times in my life already. The first time was my first love, the second time was a forbidden love, and the third time I fell in love was with my first love all over again.
- I guess I can put the two biggest insecurities of mine in one because in some extent they correlate. I have a speech impediment and because of that, my anxiety in social settings is usually through the roof. I am beginning to cope with it better now that I’m older and I’m pretty much forced to talk in front of large audiences in grad school.
- In an odd way, I am a very spiritual person. When I say this, people think I’m this crazy religious freak and I’m far from being religious (I sadly don’t know much about religion). When I say spiritual, I mean that I believe that energies exist (and no, not demons or ghosts, sheesh). I believe that the energy that you put out into the world, you will get that same energy back, so I try my best to put out positive energy no matter how I feel because I always want positive energy coming my way. Yeah.
- I am an advocate for staying true to yourself. I try to tell everyone who I care about that no matter what you may be going through, you should always stay true to yourself because there’s nobody else like you out there. Again, #CheesyPost.
- I’m a very bubbly person. Every time my S/O talks about me in front of one of his friends, he’s always telling them that I am bubbly 95% of the time. It’s an accurate number.
- I’m addicted to hair. I can’t tell you the last time I had virgin, natural hair because it’s been forever since it was. I always like to change up my look because I feel like if your style changes, your hair does too.
- I’m extremely optimistic. I always try to see the good side of things even when I know there isn’t, I’ve honestly been happier ever since I’ve started to see the good side of things (I know, I’ve said that twice in one sentence, my bad). I believe it’s made me stronger, happier, and mentally healthier. Your mentality is your reality, as Claudia Sulewski once said in a YouTube video about happiness.
- I know when to let go of certain things. In the past, I would call myself a people hoarder because even if a person treated me poorly, I would keep them in my life whether it was to give them another chance or because I’ve had history with them. Over the years, I’ve learned that people will just take up space in your life that you could be using to better yourself and find new people who will understand and grow with you. No matter how long or how short I’ve known you, it all depends on how good we are treating each other. “Stick with your entree and forget about the sides”, as Obie would say.
I realize these aren’t that exciting or interesting as I wanted them to be, but whatever. You’ll get to know me more further down the road through this experience!